Skip to main content

January 11, 2021 – Every Day is a Holiday!

Daily blog post for January 11, 2021
It's January 11, 2021, also known as National Clean Off Your Desk Day.

Holiday!

Cue Madonna's “Holiday,” off her best album ever (fight me). But I'll get to her in a minute.

Today is National Clean Off Your Desk Day. In that light, I'll be doing what I do every day: Shuffling papers from one desk to another!

LOL

I can't seem to ever have a clean desk. But I think I know why: I don't care!

Hahahahahahaha!!!

I was talking about this a bit ago, that we have a calendar full of holidays. On its surface, it seems nice (I just said that in my in-the-head voice that sounds a lot like Borat).

But it's all so superficial. I mean really? National Clean off Your Desk Day? Tomorrow, it's National Pharmacist Day. I'm not kidding.

What do marketers do when confronted with inanity? First, we mock it. Then, we sell it.

Some idiot once said, “A clean desk is an indication of a clear mind” or something silly like that. I think it shows the dude has way too much time on his hands, he's bored AF, and he doesn't use his natural creativity for good. He stifles it with “order.”

Pffft.

Moving on. (You see, I didn't try selling you on clearing off your desk OR into buying a wall calendar. I'm what you call “a good guy.”)

Go on, you know you want one.

Madonna

Some people hate her, some love her, and some lust after her. Count me in all of the above. Her first album, self-titled Madonna, is her best. I've got it on vinyl. It's nearly $37 at Amazon. I wouldn't sell you mine for less than $500. Seriously.

When I dragged my old turntable out of the “Harry Potter closet” (the one under the stairs), it was one of the first I spun. It sounds as good today as when it was first released in 1983. It really does.

But there was something wrong with my old turntable. The drive mechanism would stick and cause the record to skip. No bueno.

So I had to get a new one. It's pretty good. The best part: USB! I can record straight to my PC now.

I'm a happy man.

Talk tomorrow.


The article was originally published here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinterest: Sitting Infographic

http://bit.ly/1OA01C5 Sitting Infographic http://bit.ly/1D6ZKpP

Internet Marketing Gimmicks #37

If you're like me, you get hundreds of emails a day, along with countless tweets and Facebook updates, many of which originate from "internet marketers." Most of this stuff is just internet marketing gimmicks. I got one today. It is pretty tame but nevertheless it's a marketing gimmick, designed to get you to act on something when you really wouldn't otherwise. Sometimes, they're disguised as "calls to action," like "Click the buy button now." Except they have an additional hook or fear Read more...and please RT, like, and share.

Think Article Directories Are Dead?

Think again! Article directories are far from dead. Read on. I just went over to Alexa, and while nobody's web statistics are 100 percent accurate (how could they be?), I found this:   [caption id="attachment_6041" align="aligncenter" width="562"] Alexa ranking for Ezinearticles.com[/caption] Alexa is a great way to compare the relative traffic of one site over another. The lower the "Alexa Traffic Rank," the better. The rank of 379 means that, according to Alexa's data, Read more...and please RT, like, and share.