Skip to main content

December 29, 2020

I'll be honest. I didn't do much today, business-wise. Heck, I haven't really done much since last Wednesday! And I won't do much until January 4, 2021.

I admit it: During the end-of-year holidays, I never do much, if anything, business-wise.

But I did take my two littlest kids and my wife to Mt. Rainier National Park today. We played in the snow. Actually, it wasn't so much snow as it was ice. We drove all the way to the “end” of Highway 410. Every year, they close it down due to ice and snow and this year is no different.

It's only about an hour and a half from our house, so, all told, we were only gone about 5 hours. Three to get there and back and two to play.

When we got home, I promptly dosed in and out of sleep while we sat in front of the TV.

Yes, a fairly boring day! But sometimes, that's what the body, mind, and spirit need.

I've got a whiteboard full of notes about what I'll be doing the next few weeks. I've got several pictures on my phone of prior whiteboard notes that I need to catch up on.

But it can wait. 2021 is right around the corner and I hope it's better than 2020 was.

I'm confident the vaccines will eventually get to all of us and COVID will be a thing of the past. Once that happens, the economy will come roaring back. In fact, I think it will be a BOOM like none of us have ever seen before.

I hope I'm right. All signs–right now–are pointing to a very harsh winter. Most hospitals are at maximum capacity and ICU beds are full of COVID-19 patients. Lockdowns have been re-implemented and the virus is spreading faster than ever.

All that said, I do believe we will in fact “turn the corner” some time in mid-2021. When that happens, be ready.

What does that mean? People may not be investing in your (or my) services right now, but they will. There will be so much pent-up demand that you need to get ready in the first half of 2021 for what may (will?) come in the second half.

Well, that's my little pep talk for myself. I hope it comes to fruition. Take care and talk tomorrow!

Oh, I almost forgot – if you want to try a neat little trick on list building, try this. It's a free report you can download that tells you about a case study of a marketer who tried a tactic that worked…like gangbusters.


The article was originally published here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinterest: Sitting Infographic

http://bit.ly/1OA01C5 Sitting Infographic http://bit.ly/1D6ZKpP

Internet Marketing Gimmicks #37

If you're like me, you get hundreds of emails a day, along with countless tweets and Facebook updates, many of which originate from "internet marketers." Most of this stuff is just internet marketing gimmicks. I got one today. It is pretty tame but nevertheless it's a marketing gimmick, designed to get you to act on something when you really wouldn't otherwise. Sometimes, they're disguised as "calls to action," like "Click the buy button now." Except they have an additional hook or fear Read more...and please RT, like, and share.

Think Article Directories Are Dead?

Think again! Article directories are far from dead. Read on. I just went over to Alexa, and while nobody's web statistics are 100 percent accurate (how could they be?), I found this:   [caption id="attachment_6041" align="aligncenter" width="562"] Alexa ranking for Ezinearticles.com[/caption] Alexa is a great way to compare the relative traffic of one site over another. The lower the "Alexa Traffic Rank," the better. The rank of 379 means that, according to Alexa's data, Read more...and please RT, like, and share.