Skip to main content

December 23, 2020

Today, I'm looking inward and forward to 2021 and all the challenges and opportunities it may bring.

Google Analytics is a beast

Sure, it brings in a ton of data about your website, visits, where they came from, most popular pages, etc. but man, is it unwieldy.

So I've started investigating some training on it. Google does offer some free training, which is always a good starter (using the vendor's own training – I mean, it makes sense). Here it is, if you're interested. There's also a promising Udemy course that I'm looking at if I want to take a deeper dive, and I fear I must 🙂

End of Year Musings

Christmas is almost here and I'm looking forward to taking a little time off. I won't go completely dark, but I will turn down the volume considerably. I'm not a big “goals guy” but I do like to reflect back on the year almost completed and briefly look ahead to determine “where I want to go in 2021.”

I'll be glad when the pandemic is contained and we can return to 2019-level activities like eating out and not wearing masks. I fear, though, that we're a L-O-N-G way from that. I may never go out in public again without wearing a mask. At least, that's how I feel right now. I've felt this way since March.

Speaking of COVID, I just read there are two mutations that are spreading more rapidly than the first one. UGH. When will it be over?

2021 and a bounty of opportunity or just more COVID COVID COVID?

The good thing is, from a very selfish perspective, is that I do all my work from home now (no more Meetups or in-person customer meetings). Everything is online. And since everybody has to use tools like Slack and Zoom, there are new opportunities for me to introduce new training courses.

Everybody is doing nearly everything online.

Speaking of which, I'm most likely going to be doing a new course in early 2021. It will be an evolution of the blogging series of books I published a few years ago on Amazon. I'll be delivering it via podcast. It's looking like it will be free 🙂

The ramifications of the pandemic, and the concomitant online everything all the time, is that our infrastructure will be forced to improve…or die. And I don't think it's going to die (bigass hack notwithstanding). Speeds and bandwidth should improve, especially now that 5G is in more markets now.

PLUS, many businesses have had to adapt to this “new normal,” and the ones that survive will be much stronger because of it.

Creative destruction is something I've read about in my economics study and subsequent interest since I got my degree long ago, but we're definitely seeing it in action right before our eyes. It's painful, it ruins millions of dreams, but it's real. And it's inevitable.

That's it for today. See you tomorrow.


The article was originally published here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinterest: Sitting Infographic

http://bit.ly/1OA01C5 Sitting Infographic http://bit.ly/1D6ZKpP

Internet Marketing Gimmicks #37

If you're like me, you get hundreds of emails a day, along with countless tweets and Facebook updates, many of which originate from "internet marketers." Most of this stuff is just internet marketing gimmicks. I got one today. It is pretty tame but nevertheless it's a marketing gimmick, designed to get you to act on something when you really wouldn't otherwise. Sometimes, they're disguised as "calls to action," like "Click the buy button now." Except they have an additional hook or fear Read more...and please RT, like, and share.

Think Article Directories Are Dead?

Think again! Article directories are far from dead. Read on. I just went over to Alexa, and while nobody's web statistics are 100 percent accurate (how could they be?), I found this:   [caption id="attachment_6041" align="aligncenter" width="562"] Alexa ranking for Ezinearticles.com[/caption] Alexa is a great way to compare the relative traffic of one site over another. The lower the "Alexa Traffic Rank," the better. The rank of 379 means that, according to Alexa's data, Read more...and please RT, like, and share.