Skip to main content

Four Life Hacks that Actually WORK!

I consider myself a productivity expert. After all, I have 4 kids, a wife, a business, and a plethora of hobbies and responsibilities.

I couldn't get anything done if I didn't employ some time-saving or productivity-enhancing life hacks.

Now, I know a lot of people have soured on the term, “life hack.” “Life hacking” is also a no-no.

But call them what you want – they are ways to get more shit done in less time.

That's it. More shit done in less time.

There's also another well-known term in productivity circles (also in the self-help niche): The Miracle Morning.

That started out as one dude's way to start his day off right. It became a book, then sub-books, and finally a movement. Yes, it became…a thing.

I firmly believe in morning routines. But I also believe in afternoon routines and evening routines.

But that's for another day.

No matter. Here are 4 things I do every day to boost my productivity and wring out all 86,400 seconds of every day.

  1. Unlike most mere mortals, I do NOT put my pants on one leg at a time. Nope. I get up on my bed, lie down, and put my pants on, both legs at a time. Ditto for shoes.
  2. I brush my teeth and shave in the shower.
  3. I have a “pile” of shirts I wear each day. I take the top one and put it on. I don't waste time deciding “what to wear.” Some days, of course, I wear something over the shirt, but only if I'm cold. I do the same for pants, socks, and underwear. Hey, I'm a simple guy.
  4. I create what I call a “to-DONE” list at the end of the day, right before bed. First, I check off what I accomplished that day. Then I write down the three things I want to accomplish the following day.

They sound quaint and easy. But they work. I've been doing these things every day for about 40 years 🙂

How much time do they save? #1 and #2? Probably 5 minutes, max. #3 could save 30 minutes!

The biggest time (and mind-) saver is #4 – I've found writing down the three things to be vitally important to getting shit done and feeling a lot better about what I did today.

If you want more tips like these, let me know!


The article was originally published here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinterest: Sitting Infographic

http://bit.ly/1OA01C5 Sitting Infographic http://bit.ly/1D6ZKpP

Internet Marketing Gimmicks #37

If you're like me, you get hundreds of emails a day, along with countless tweets and Facebook updates, many of which originate from "internet marketers." Most of this stuff is just internet marketing gimmicks. I got one today. It is pretty tame but nevertheless it's a marketing gimmick, designed to get you to act on something when you really wouldn't otherwise. Sometimes, they're disguised as "calls to action," like "Click the buy button now." Except they have an additional hook or fear Read more...and please RT, like, and share.

Think Article Directories Are Dead?

Think again! Article directories are far from dead. Read on. I just went over to Alexa, and while nobody's web statistics are 100 percent accurate (how could they be?), I found this:   [caption id="attachment_6041" align="aligncenter" width="562"] Alexa ranking for Ezinearticles.com[/caption] Alexa is a great way to compare the relative traffic of one site over another. The lower the "Alexa Traffic Rank," the better. The rank of 379 means that, according to Alexa's data, Read more...and please RT, like, and share.