Skip to main content

Once a Week Newsletter #16 – WordPress Security, Landing Page Design, and SEO

Let's talk WordPress security, landing pages, and SEO (some of my favorite topics)!

Welcome to another edition of the Once a Week Newsletter! We're on #16 now.

But before we get to the chosen topics, let's talk mar-tech.

What is mar-tech? It's the intersection of marketing and technology. Duh, Bill, I know that, but what is it? Well, it's two of the things that really get me jazzed.

I love new technology and I love marketing (maybe even more). As I've said before, nearly everything you do is marketing.

So always be aware of how your behavior influences others' perception of you. Even if you think you're “off work,” people will judge YOU based on your behavior and that judgement can carry over to your business, usually in a bad way.

As Warren Buffett has famously said, “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.”

He's not wrong. So keep that in mind. It will serve you well for a very long time.

Let me know in the comments if you're enjoying these weekly newsletters. And if you're not subscribed, you can sign up here.

What does it mean to sell the concept first?
Marketers often identify a problem and try to shoehorn in their product or service as a solution. This is not ideal. What's better is to “sell the concept” first, then introduce your product as a solution to the concept.

Facebook Ads Rules 101: A Guide to Getting Your Ads Approved Quickly
Trying to follow Facebook ads rules can feel like trying to hit a moving target in the dark. What can you advertise? How can you advertise it?

(Ad) Morning Brew
I highly recommend giving the Morning Brew newsletter a read. It's an awesome daily email that delivers the top business news in a way that's informative and entertaining.

21 Smart Google SEO Tips for 2021
Moz SEO expert Cyrus Shepard shares his top 21 tips for successful Google SEO in 2021, including what to prioritize and what to look out for in the year ahead.

The landing page guide: How to promote your product on one web page
In the beginning, websites were all landing pages, simple one-page sites that provided links to other pages on the same server or on the internet. What we call landing pages today are much the same, only they now include images and video, contact forms and signup buttons, widgets and social media feeds.

WordPress Security: The Ultimate Guide
WordPress security can be intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. In this comprehensive guide to WordPress security, we’ve simplified the basics of securing your WordPress website so that any non-technical person can understand and protect their website from hacker attacks.


The article was originally published here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Put All Your Eggs in One Basket!

But not just ANY basket. You may have noticed that Facebook was down for a L – O – N – G time today. So was Instagram, Messenger, and WhatsApp (all Facebook apps, or “crapps,” as I call them – LOL). To most of the world, this would bother them. It certainly bothered some heavy FB advertising folks. I suspect the real loss today was in the billions. FB stock lost about $50 billion in market cap. OUCH. But the real question is this: Did it affect you? Did it affect your business? If it did, is there anything you can do to mitigate future losses? The answer is a resounding “YES!”  I've harped on this and at you for over a DECADE now – OWN your own real estate. Don't be a sharecropper. When you run your business on another company's platform, their demise could be yours as well. Plus, they can kick you off their platform at any time for any reason. Just ask former President Trump. (Not to be political, but FB and YouTube kicked him off their plat...

December 22, 2020 (The Thing About Habits)

Whelp! I missed writing yesterday. *They say* that in order to make a thing a habit, you must do it 21 times consistently. I don't know if 21 is the right number. Why not 20? 23? 37? 3? What I do know is two isn't the magic number for creating a sustainable habit. So this is my third daily writing out of four (I don't write on weekends). Time to refocus, keep my eye on the prize, and keep pushing. On Starting a Podcast A thing I'd like to do in 2021 is a podcast. I wrote about this last time. I'm still pondering it. What would people like to see? I've listened to dozens, maybe hundreds of podcasts, and many are just dandy. They've found their product. I've yet to find mine. What about you? How's the weather? It snowed last night. We got about a 1/1000th of an inch. But the kids were giddy. And that's good enough for now. I've always wanted to get one of those “ weather machines .” They fascinate me. In fa...

Pinterest: Sitting Infographic

http://bit.ly/1OA01C5 Sitting Infographic http://bit.ly/1D6ZKpP