Skip to main content

January 11, 2021 – Every Day is a Holiday!

Daily blog post for January 11, 2021
It's January 11, 2021, also known as National Clean Off Your Desk Day.

Holiday!

Cue Madonna's “Holiday,” off her best album ever (fight me). But I'll get to her in a minute.

Today is National Clean Off Your Desk Day. In that light, I'll be doing what I do every day: Shuffling papers from one desk to another!

LOL

I can't seem to ever have a clean desk. But I think I know why: I don't care!

Hahahahahahaha!!!

I was talking about this a bit ago, that we have a calendar full of holidays. On its surface, it seems nice (I just said that in my in-the-head voice that sounds a lot like Borat).

But it's all so superficial. I mean really? National Clean off Your Desk Day? Tomorrow, it's National Pharmacist Day. I'm not kidding.

What do marketers do when confronted with inanity? First, we mock it. Then, we sell it.

Some idiot once said, “A clean desk is an indication of a clear mind” or something silly like that. I think it shows the dude has way too much time on his hands, he's bored AF, and he doesn't use his natural creativity for good. He stifles it with “order.”

Pffft.

Moving on. (You see, I didn't try selling you on clearing off your desk OR into buying a wall calendar. I'm what you call “a good guy.”)

Go on, you know you want one.

Madonna

Some people hate her, some love her, and some lust after her. Count me in all of the above. Her first album, self-titled Madonna, is her best. I've got it on vinyl. It's nearly $37 at Amazon. I wouldn't sell you mine for less than $500. Seriously.

When I dragged my old turntable out of the “Harry Potter closet” (the one under the stairs), it was one of the first I spun. It sounds as good today as when it was first released in 1983. It really does.

But there was something wrong with my old turntable. The drive mechanism would stick and cause the record to skip. No bueno.

So I had to get a new one. It's pretty good. The best part: USB! I can record straight to my PC now.

I'm a happy man.

Talk tomorrow.


The article was originally published here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Put All Your Eggs in One Basket!

But not just ANY basket. You may have noticed that Facebook was down for a L – O – N – G time today. So was Instagram, Messenger, and WhatsApp (all Facebook apps, or “crapps,” as I call them – LOL). To most of the world, this would bother them. It certainly bothered some heavy FB advertising folks. I suspect the real loss today was in the billions. FB stock lost about $50 billion in market cap. OUCH. But the real question is this: Did it affect you? Did it affect your business? If it did, is there anything you can do to mitigate future losses? The answer is a resounding “YES!”  I've harped on this and at you for over a DECADE now – OWN your own real estate. Don't be a sharecropper. When you run your business on another company's platform, their demise could be yours as well. Plus, they can kick you off their platform at any time for any reason. Just ask former President Trump. (Not to be political, but FB and YouTube kicked him off their plat...

December 22, 2020 (The Thing About Habits)

Whelp! I missed writing yesterday. *They say* that in order to make a thing a habit, you must do it 21 times consistently. I don't know if 21 is the right number. Why not 20? 23? 37? 3? What I do know is two isn't the magic number for creating a sustainable habit. So this is my third daily writing out of four (I don't write on weekends). Time to refocus, keep my eye on the prize, and keep pushing. On Starting a Podcast A thing I'd like to do in 2021 is a podcast. I wrote about this last time. I'm still pondering it. What would people like to see? I've listened to dozens, maybe hundreds of podcasts, and many are just dandy. They've found their product. I've yet to find mine. What about you? How's the weather? It snowed last night. We got about a 1/1000th of an inch. But the kids were giddy. And that's good enough for now. I've always wanted to get one of those “ weather machines .” They fascinate me. In fa...

Pinterest: Sitting Infographic

http://bit.ly/1OA01C5 Sitting Infographic http://bit.ly/1D6ZKpP