Skip to main content

January 21, 2021 – Busy or Productive?

Busy and productive don't always go hand in hand.
January 21, 2021 Daily Blog Post – Busy or Productive? Both, Neither?

Internet Marketers kind of fall into two general buckets: Busy or Productive.

Which one are you?

It's easy to be busy. You just do stuff.

But being productive takes more thought: You have to be strategic with your time. Once a minute goes by, you can't get it back.

This doesn't mean (at all) that you have to be productive all the time. Quite the opposite.

You DO HAVE to learn to be productive–at least in short bursts–if you are to ever FINISH anything.

Busy people start lots of things but rarely finish anything. Productive people finish.

It's kind of a akin to the old saying about salesmen: Anybody can be a sales person, but only closers (finishers) are successful.

That's how I see it. Agree or disagree?


This post was inspired by a blog post I read by Seth Godin this morning. You can read it below.


The article was originally published here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Put All Your Eggs in One Basket!

But not just ANY basket. You may have noticed that Facebook was down for a L – O – N – G time today. So was Instagram, Messenger, and WhatsApp (all Facebook apps, or “crapps,” as I call them – LOL). To most of the world, this would bother them. It certainly bothered some heavy FB advertising folks. I suspect the real loss today was in the billions. FB stock lost about $50 billion in market cap. OUCH. But the real question is this: Did it affect you? Did it affect your business? If it did, is there anything you can do to mitigate future losses? The answer is a resounding “YES!”  I've harped on this and at you for over a DECADE now – OWN your own real estate. Don't be a sharecropper. When you run your business on another company's platform, their demise could be yours as well. Plus, they can kick you off their platform at any time for any reason. Just ask former President Trump. (Not to be political, but FB and YouTube kicked him off their plat...

December 22, 2020 (The Thing About Habits)

Whelp! I missed writing yesterday. *They say* that in order to make a thing a habit, you must do it 21 times consistently. I don't know if 21 is the right number. Why not 20? 23? 37? 3? What I do know is two isn't the magic number for creating a sustainable habit. So this is my third daily writing out of four (I don't write on weekends). Time to refocus, keep my eye on the prize, and keep pushing. On Starting a Podcast A thing I'd like to do in 2021 is a podcast. I wrote about this last time. I'm still pondering it. What would people like to see? I've listened to dozens, maybe hundreds of podcasts, and many are just dandy. They've found their product. I've yet to find mine. What about you? How's the weather? It snowed last night. We got about a 1/1000th of an inch. But the kids were giddy. And that's good enough for now. I've always wanted to get one of those “ weather machines .” They fascinate me. In fa...

OWN #24 – Image SEO, Content Marketing, and Spying on Your Competitors

Image SEO, Content Marketing, and Spying on Your Competitors 8 Image SEO Best Practices to Make Your Content More Discoverable Learn what image SEO is, and the best practices you'll want to follow to make your webpages more discoverable in image search results. Why Content Marketing Beats Advertising Learn why content marketing beats advertising, hands-down, every time. Content marketing is the best strategy to attract and convert buyers. (Ad) Freedym Ryan Lee's FREE membership site with concise, to-the-point, no fluff training. Most training videos are less than 20 minutes. Immediately actionable info. Keyword Competitive Analysis: How to Find Your Competitors' Keywords Keyword competitive analysis is the process of finding relevant and valuable keywords that your competitors rank for, but you don't. What is a Blog and How is it Different Than a Website? The difference isn’t as prominent as you may think because, technically, both are websites that ...