Skip to main content

Four Life Hacks that Actually WORK!

I consider myself a productivity expert. After all, I have 4 kids, a wife, a business, and a plethora of hobbies and responsibilities.

I couldn't get anything done if I didn't employ some time-saving or productivity-enhancing life hacks.

Now, I know a lot of people have soured on the term, “life hack.” “Life hacking” is also a no-no.

But call them what you want – they are ways to get more shit done in less time.

That's it. More shit done in less time.

There's also another well-known term in productivity circles (also in the self-help niche): The Miracle Morning.

That started out as one dude's way to start his day off right. It became a book, then sub-books, and finally a movement. Yes, it became…a thing.

I firmly believe in morning routines. But I also believe in afternoon routines and evening routines.

But that's for another day.

No matter. Here are 4 things I do every day to boost my productivity and wring out all 86,400 seconds of every day.

  1. Unlike most mere mortals, I do NOT put my pants on one leg at a time. Nope. I get up on my bed, lie down, and put my pants on, both legs at a time. Ditto for shoes.
  2. I brush my teeth and shave in the shower.
  3. I have a “pile” of shirts I wear each day. I take the top one and put it on. I don't waste time deciding “what to wear.” Some days, of course, I wear something over the shirt, but only if I'm cold. I do the same for pants, socks, and underwear. Hey, I'm a simple guy.
  4. I create what I call a “to-DONE” list at the end of the day, right before bed. First, I check off what I accomplished that day. Then I write down the three things I want to accomplish the following day.

They sound quaint and easy. But they work. I've been doing these things every day for about 40 years 🙂

How much time do they save? #1 and #2? Probably 5 minutes, max. #3 could save 30 minutes!

The biggest time (and mind-) saver is #4 – I've found writing down the three things to be vitally important to getting shit done and feeling a lot better about what I did today.

If you want more tips like these, let me know!


The article was originally published here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Put All Your Eggs in One Basket!

But not just ANY basket. You may have noticed that Facebook was down for a L – O – N – G time today. So was Instagram, Messenger, and WhatsApp (all Facebook apps, or “crapps,” as I call them – LOL). To most of the world, this would bother them. It certainly bothered some heavy FB advertising folks. I suspect the real loss today was in the billions. FB stock lost about $50 billion in market cap. OUCH. But the real question is this: Did it affect you? Did it affect your business? If it did, is there anything you can do to mitigate future losses? The answer is a resounding “YES!”  I've harped on this and at you for over a DECADE now – OWN your own real estate. Don't be a sharecropper. When you run your business on another company's platform, their demise could be yours as well. Plus, they can kick you off their platform at any time for any reason. Just ask former President Trump. (Not to be political, but FB and YouTube kicked him off their plat...

December 22, 2020 (The Thing About Habits)

Whelp! I missed writing yesterday. *They say* that in order to make a thing a habit, you must do it 21 times consistently. I don't know if 21 is the right number. Why not 20? 23? 37? 3? What I do know is two isn't the magic number for creating a sustainable habit. So this is my third daily writing out of four (I don't write on weekends). Time to refocus, keep my eye on the prize, and keep pushing. On Starting a Podcast A thing I'd like to do in 2021 is a podcast. I wrote about this last time. I'm still pondering it. What would people like to see? I've listened to dozens, maybe hundreds of podcasts, and many are just dandy. They've found their product. I've yet to find mine. What about you? How's the weather? It snowed last night. We got about a 1/1000th of an inch. But the kids were giddy. And that's good enough for now. I've always wanted to get one of those “ weather machines .” They fascinate me. In fa...

Pinterest: Sitting Infographic

http://bit.ly/1OA01C5 Sitting Infographic http://bit.ly/1D6ZKpP